Forgive me for the dorky post title...I couldn't help myself! Most people that I have talked to have said that 6 months was their favorite age (in baby time that is). I agree 6 months was pretty great. Aubree could sit up and interact with us. It was the beginning of her really playing. BUT I have to say right around 7 1/2 months to about now 8 1/2 months is my favorite! She started crawling about 4 weeks ago and what started as a few scoots on her knees has now become a full blown crawl. And although it is very exhausting challenging that she wants to pull up on everything now, it is so fun when I am in the kitchen and she comes peaking around the corner. As soon as she finds me, her face lights up with joy. She is full of giggles, baby babbles, grunts, and best of all smiles. I can get her to smile by doing almost anything and since I know this won't be the case when she is a teenager, I am going to soak it all up now!
 |
| OooOoo...Grass! |
 |
| Hmmm...How does this swing work? |
 |
| This slide is pretty cool! |
I have learned that my child is the type that once she has learned a new skill, she becomes very determined to move on to the next one. When she learned to roll over...she did it once or twice and then was like, "Ok, ready to move on to sitting up!" Then pulling up, then crawling...etc. I remember when she was about 4 months old and couldn't sit up on her own yet, and would literally wine until we sat her up...she was OVER tummy time - she wanted to be at the next step. (Some also say all these milestones are what keep her up at night - beats me! LOL).
 |
| Hey Mom...I'm too fast for you to take my picture! |
 |
| Ok, I'll sit for just one second! |
I know that this is the first sign of my Little Miss Mae becoming Miss Independent. And even though it is probably too soon to really tell if this will continue as she grows...I like the determination I am seeing. Ollie and I call the face she makes when she is really focused on a toy or something her duck face. She looks really serious at whatever it is, head down, cheeks bulged and lips puckered. It looks like a little duck and is adorable!
 |
| I found Sunny! |
 |
This is the "I got up here, and I don't know if I can get down" look, right before we plop down!
|
She can also play by herself (not for long periods and it's much better when mommy or daddy are in the room still). I don't have to click all the buttons on the play table anymore... she finds it first thing in the morning, crawls over, pulls up and I hear, "Splash little duck, jump little frog..." (I know, it's sad how I have all the songs and rhymes memorized!)
What was your favorite age? What age did you discover that your kid thought you were cool and would light up just at the very sight of you? Share your story with me!
She is just so beautiful!!! I am so excited to see what Hannah is like then :)
ReplyDelete