Monday, December 3, 2012

Pregnancy Cravings...Still?

It has been 4 months since I was pregnant! It seems like just yesterday Aubree was born, but it feels like I haven't been pregnant in a long time. So why am I still craving some of the things I did during pregnancy? During my first trimester I craved orange juice. I believe it also helped me not feel morning sickness (which was very helpful seeing as though I was still teaching 24 first graders). My second trimester it was lemonade. My third it was apple juice. Why I craved so much juice and a different one each trimester? I have no idea!

But throughout my entire pregnancy, I LOVED chocolate milk and root beer. Since I chose not to have caffeine while pregnant, root beer was my soda of choice. Chocolate milk, well, I had to have it almost every night before bed! Maybe it was my way of not eating a big bowl of ice cream or cookies before bed and thinking it was a nice low calorie treat. Or at least this is how I rationalized it! (Trust me - I still had many treats throughout pregnancy and didn't hold back. Hey, I was pregnant!) Just imagine having a nice cold glass of chocolate milk, made by my husband of course, while laying on the couch. Shortly after my last slurp (because I had to have a straw - I know weird), I would doze off into a pregnancy dream land...

Here I am 4 months later and I still want chocolate milk every night! I don't however, simply because I'm not pregnant anymore and really want to lose the last of the pregnancy weight...as for root beer? I can't handle ordering Rosati's without one.

What pregnancy cravings followed you into postpartum? I'd love to know I'm not the only one. :)
chocolate-milk-chocolate-milk-31597496-252-271.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment