I know I say it all the time, but I can't believe how fast time goes by. I remember being a teenager and thinking that time was moving so slow. I wanted to grow up so bad! I wanted to be in my 20s. I remember looking at girls in their 20s thinking, "Wow, they are so cool!" I know I am a dork...but c'mon, girls, you felt like this too at some point, right?
I remember one time, there were these girls that came and stayed with our family for a week. Their parents were good friends with my parents. As soon as they arrived they spread out their make-up, hairspray and TONS of stuff all over the bathroom. I was probably still in elementary school, and I remember thinking that I couldn't wait to be their age...I wanted to be able to wear make-up, drive, and talk to boys.
Now here I am in my 20s and my mind set has changed so much. I have learned to really enjoy the age that I am at. I still yearn for things, but I think of this as dreaming (BIG). Now I have this little girl that is growing faster than I can capture and I am constantly saying, "I can't believe she is..." I'm sure one day I will look back on these times when she was a baby on her first day of kindergarten, graduating high school, going away to college, getting married, and having a baby of her own. Watching a child grow right before your eyes is truly amazing.
So here it goes...I can't believe she is almost 8 months! I can't believe she is almost crawling, that she can sit up by herself, and play independently. I can't believe she is in the big girl tub and can recognize Ollie and I. I can't believe she can reach for me and that this little being grew inside me. But most of all I can't believe she is mine.
I remember one time, there were these girls that came and stayed with our family for a week. Their parents were good friends with my parents. As soon as they arrived they spread out their make-up, hairspray and TONS of stuff all over the bathroom. I was probably still in elementary school, and I remember thinking that I couldn't wait to be their age...I wanted to be able to wear make-up, drive, and talk to boys.
Now here I am in my 20s and my mind set has changed so much. I have learned to really enjoy the age that I am at. I still yearn for things, but I think of this as dreaming (BIG). Now I have this little girl that is growing faster than I can capture and I am constantly saying, "I can't believe she is..." I'm sure one day I will look back on these times when she was a baby on her first day of kindergarten, graduating high school, going away to college, getting married, and having a baby of her own. Watching a child grow right before your eyes is truly amazing.
So here it goes...I can't believe she is almost 8 months! I can't believe she is almost crawling, that she can sit up by herself, and play independently. I can't believe she is in the big girl tub and can recognize Ollie and I. I can't believe she can reach for me and that this little being grew inside me. But most of all I can't believe she is mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment